Meet the biggest Names of E-Commerce in Berlin!January 11, 2017
The biggest names of e-commerce will meet at E-Commerce Berlin Expo on February 2. The event will host a range of top representatives of the main e-commerce companies worldwide. Pro tipp: Listen to Karl Wehner from Alibaba Group talking about the international expansion on the Eastern markets.
On February 2nd 2017, Berlin will be the hotspot of global e-commerce business. The E-Commerce Berlin Expo fair will gather industry leaders and the most successful companies in one place. Among them, you will find Karl Wehner, Director Business Development at Alibaba Group founded in 1999. This year’s “Singles’ Day” on Chinese market was a huge success for Alibaba Group. Within one day, the company achieved record profits by selling items for more than 17.8 billion dollars.
During the conference, the speakers will cover the topics of international expansion with a strong focus on the Eastern markets. In his keynote talk, Karl Wehner will describe the structure of the Chinese e-commerce and discuss potential ways of entering that market. There will also be a special panel session about going global and entering new markets. The speakers include: Erik Meierhoff (Rakuten Europe, third biggest marketplace worldwide), Roman Decker (Schneider Group), Nenad Cetkovic (Lengow) and Dominik Johnson (Yandex Europe). Developing markets feature not only China, but also Russia. The experts will explain how to enter and expand on these markets.
Confirmed topics include:
- – Alibaba Group, Karl Wehner, Director Business Development [Keynote]: “A Gateway to China”
- – Spreadshirt, Hugo Smoter, CCO: “Western Europe is 18% of Retail, what are you going to do about the other 82%? A Survivors Guide to the Rest of the World”
- – Lengow, Nenad Cetkovic, COO: “Cross Border E-Commerce: Making the Most of China’s Potential”
- – Yandex, Dominik Johnson, Director Key Account Development: “Trends and digital Advertising Opportunities in Russia”
- – SCHNEIDER GROUP, Roman Decker, Project Manager: “Easy Entry into the Russian E-Commerce Market”
Moreover, the Berlin stage will also host the representatives of companies such as Google, Otto Group, notebooksbilliger.de and Hubspot. The exhibitors include Deutsche Post, Händlerbund and Semrush. The event will take place in Station Berlin. The second edition of the event is expected to attract more than 90 exhibitors and 3.000 visitors. Find out more on ecommerceberlin.com.
Meet Magento Association will also be on site – meet us at booth D2!